daisy background

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer 2013

     Although the summer isn't over quite yet, I am filled with dread of the coming fall and all its tests and homework and stress. However tight my stomach twists, I welcome the stability, organization, and simple tasks and goals school brings. Of course, I'll be taking all that back about mid way through the first semester.
     But I don't have to worry about any of that just yet. It's still summer, and because I'm not counting the days, I have no idea how much time I have left (well, an inkling, but if I can suppress that, I will). I must admit, I have spent the majority of this break in lonesome Netflix watching. I have enjoyed my time, but I do wish I had done something a bit more... worth remembering.
      This summer has been a well needed respite, and I don't give it much credit for that. I have needed time and space to take care of myself, something everyone should do every once in a while. Of course, there have been absolutely spontaneous adventures and some planned getaways which have been refreshing and well needed also.
     I have watched countless documentaries on how to live at the height of my health and to get the most out of life. I have gained so much knowledge. There is no doubt in my mind that I know and love myself with more sincerity, and can take care of myself more effectively all because I spent the day on my couch.
     In short, at a glimpse my summer looks mundane and monotonous, but in actuality, it was the perfect balance of healing solitude and people filled experiences. I have enjoyed every minute of it, despite complaining of a certain staleness. There is a certain peace that comes with that extra freedom of summer break, and I'm basking in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment