daisy background

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness

Have you ever wanted to make someone happy just for the heck of it? I think it's human nature to feel good about making other people feel good. You could make the argument that we do nice things to feel content, which would make random acts of kindness a selfish activity... But I'd like to keep a more positive view of humanity. My small group and I decided that the local mall could use some blessing, so we set off to make people smile.

We met in the food court and set to work sticking tons and tons of quarters on the backs of little notecards. I never realized how life changing sticky dots can be. We wrote the cheesiest messages on the opposite side of the cards. I honestly believe that for a situation like this one, the cheesier, thee better. This also works when talking about pizza.

Then began the slow walk around and around the mall, finding convenient vending machines to stick our quarter filled envelopes on. After circulating the mall about 3 times, we strategically placed all of our envelopes. Unfortunately, we decided it would be much too suspicious to stick around, so all we could do was wait and talk about summer camp (which none of us can wait another second for; honestly it's killing me to wait).

After waiting 20 minutes and spending the rest of our quarters on Jamba Juice (I don't think the cashier was very happy with being paid in all change), it was time to make one last round to check on our little blessings. Most had been picked up! It was a really sweet experience. I really hope that we made someone smile.

Have you done anything like this? Tell me about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment